Banner

Orchard Girls

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Kayla: 39 Week Update + Bump Picture

In case you missed it - We want to wish all you mama's out there a very....
Hi guys! As I sit here this Saturday evening to write this post, I am officially 39 weeks! It's so crazy to me that our baby boy could be here any day. I can't wait to meet him, to hold him, to stare in to his innocent and precious eyes. I am so excited :)
At my last appointment (last Tuesday) my doctor said I was measuring between  1 and 2 cm and about 60% thinned out. After that fairly good news, he said, "and now I have some bad news." Oh great, I thought...what now? He said that he will be going out of town starting Monday, at noon (the 12th) and will be gone for 2 weeks. Basically assuring me he will not be there for the birth (unless I have him before then) Now, I am writing this Saturday evening so there is still a chance I could have him tonight, tomorrow, or tomorrow night. But honestly, I haven't been feeling any contractions or having any other signs. So, we will see. Oddly enough, he actually missed my daughter's birth, as well. He was there to tell me I was having the baby, and also to say that unfortunately, he was on his way to a conference in Seattle. He will be 0 for 2 if he misses this one! However, another great doctor from his practice would be the one to deliver, so I am not too nervous about that. Well, here is my update picture and questions!

How far along: 39 weeks and 3 days
Total weight gain/loss: 12 lbs +
Maternity clothes: It has become too uncomfortable to wear my maternity jeans, so I've been sticking with yoga pants, long skirts, and maxi dresses! Maternity shirts all working still :)
Best moment this week: Just knowing that everyday we are one day closer to meeting our little man!
Movement: He is still moving around - it's almost creepy when he sticks his butt out and my whole stomach looks as if he is trying to literally break out!
Food cravings: Nothing in particular, although, definitely been enjoying about an ice cream bar a day.
Gender: BOY!
Labor signs: The doctor said his head is down low and ready to go, also he has definitely moved down - but its hard to say other than that. I wish my next appointment was sooner! The next available appointment wasn't until the 16th (the day before my due date!)
Belly button- in or out?: Its looking/feeling a bit odd, but it is still in.
What I miss: I'm honestly not THAT uncomfortable. There is nothing I really miss, althought I could do without the 11:30pm, 1:30am, and 4:30am bathroom trips. But it will only be replaced with night time feedings, but at least it will feel more rewarding!
What I am looking forward to: BABY DAY and Mom coming to town to be with us!
Milestones: Nursery is coming along, although still not done. Everything is packed and ready to go, along with a list taped to the front door so we don't forget anything! See my "What's in my Hospital Bag" Post HERE!
Looking for some more bump updates?






Sharing at these parties HERE!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! Prayers for a safe delivery. Enjoy your precious new little guy when he appears.

    We are awaiting grandbaby #2 that is due July 1st. She will join big brother who will be only 16mts. old at her birth. A handful to say the least. We haven't had a girl baby * the last was my great-niece* in 16-years so this will be fun.

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...